There are so many internet tools and resources pretty much about everything, keeping notes, writing a book, maintaining a to-do list and so on. And I bet all of us always carry a smart phone, iPad, tablet, laptop, you name it.
But when it comes to inspiration no one beats paper.
(Well, maybe old lousy typewriters but that’s another blog post…)
• Have you ever tried smelling a new, fresh paper notebook? It’s an addiction…
• There are so many different notebooks, thick and heavy, colorful, tiny or big, serious, playful, one for each purpose and person!
• Writing (I mean actually writing) is always a pleasure. Ink, smudges, words and phrases are born, pages are filled, stories come to life, it’s true creation out of nowhere!
• It’s you on that piece of paper. Your words, your handwriting, you.
• There’s a beauty in coming across your old notebooks. Even if they are filled with mathematical formulas, you hold something that used to be empty and you filled it with life.
• You can draw in there.
I know I am being old-fashioned and romantic.
But I can tell you that, paper combined with a pen and a cup of coffee can make miracles happen.